1. When will my Vendor Account be accepted?
As we have to manually check and accept every single vendor, it can take up to 48 hours before your vendor account to be accepted. We do this to minimise spam and make sure that vendors who have been previously banned from using our platform are not just making new accounts.
2. When will I be paid?
You can request payment via your own account which will be sent to your PayPal account after we received a screenshot of your email to the customer. There is no minimum payout so whether you earned $20 or $200 – you can request for the money to be sent to your PayPal account.
3. What kind of book covers get accepted?
As more and more book designers sign up to our website, we have decided to only accept book covers that have a professional look and feel about them. Before uploading a book cover, it is a good idea to ask yourself whether or not you could see your book cover on a book in the bestsellers list.
This decision was not taken lightly but was necessary to make sure authors can better navigate the platform and vendors have a bigger chance of selling their book covers.
4. What book covers will NOT be accepted?
As to protect both our designers and our customers we do NOT accept book covers that
- Have been sold before
- Use only 1 stock picture OR where the ultimate design does not differ from the main stock image in any significant way.
- Are not the correct size – the main picture of your listing should always be in e-book format (not full-wrap). As we cannot change this from our side we cannot accept these covers. Book covers are generally 6×9.
- Book covers or images without Title or Author text.
- Book covers made in Canva
- Book covers made by someone else – this will result in immediate account suspension.
- Book covers of low quality
- AI-generated art
5. Can I use pictures I made myself?
Yes! You can definitely use pictures you used yourself. In this case, you may use only 1 picture for the book cover as you are the photographer. This does mean, however, that you need to make it clear in your listing that the picture was taken by you and that you hold the rights.
6. What happens if my book cover is not approved?
We delete any book covers we do not approve from our servers. You will either see your book cover pending, approved or in the case it is not approved, it will be deleted from your account. Please do not upload a book cover a second time, it is just more work for you and our team, and it ultimately delays your other book covers being approved.
7. My book cover was approved and is now gone, what happened?
As we grow and more designers join our website, we need to make hard choices when it comes to what book covers to approve. This means that we try to retroactively check at least 50 book covers a week to see whether they still adhere to our current standards. This is done randomly. If we find a book cover that does not adhere to our current standards, it will be deleted.
8. How long does it take for my book cover to be accepted?
We used to work with a 24 to 48 hour turnaround. However, as our website has grown in both uploads and sales, we are now looking at anywhere between 2 days and a month depending on how many uploads we have to check and the quality of said uploads. We try to approve 10 to 15 covers every day, 5 days a week, so everyone has a chance to be featured on the front page.
9. Do I need to pay to upload my book covers?
No. You do not need to pay a thing for uploading your book covers. When your book cover gets sold, however, a 25% commission will be deducted. This commission helps us maintain our servers and pays our team a small stipend for checking covers, answering e-mails, and overall keeping the community up and running.
10. Am I protected against Cease and Desist?
No. not at all. It is the responsibility of the designer to make sure that all assets they use to create covers are legally sourced. Any cease and desist letters and warnings we receive will be sent to designer.